The support for the integration of the foreigners granted asylum in the Refugees Reception Center is provided according to the Order No A1-438 of the Minister of Social Security and Labor of July 3, 2009 “Relating To The Changes Of The Approval Of The Description Of The Support Of The State Of Lithuania For The Order Of The Integration For Foreigners Granted Asylum In The Republic Of Lithuania”. The support for the integration in the Center is provided until 8 months. If during the determined time the foreigners have not prepared for the integration in the municipality because of the objective reasons, the duration can be prolonged until 12 months. If the foreigners granted asylum belong to the vulnerable groups – unaccompanied minors, pregnant women, tortured people, people with mental disorder, people of the retirement age, disabled people, not full families with minors, this period can be prolonged by their request until 18 months. The duration of the support for the unaccompanied minors can be prolonged until he/she gets 18 considering the best interest of the minor. In the unforeseen situation the support in the Center can be prolonged further.
During the support in the center for the foreigners there are provided:
- social assistance, health care and juridical help;
- intensive Lithuanian language courses;
- courses about the Lithuanian society;
- the evaluation of the personal skills and the suitable work, the courses of the vocational training, the refreshing, searching for a work place together with the Labor Exchange and the local Labor Market Training and Consulting Authority
- possibility for the pre-school-aged children to attend kindergarten;
- possibility for the school-aged children to attend comprehensive schools;
- psychological assistance
The support of the state for the integration in the center can be stopped, if the foreigner:
- is prosecuted;
- is arrested;
- serves his (her) sentence;
- made an administrative breach of the law and imposed an administrative punishment;
- was absent from the courses of the Lithuanian language and the courses about the Lithuanian society more than 40 percent without any serious reasons.
During the support of the state in the center the foreigners get monthly the allowance for the food and the other means. The necessary clothes, hygienic things, house wares are provided to the foreigners according to the approved quota.
Every month the foreigners get the allowance for the food and the other means:
- Bachelor/unaccompanied minor – 245Lt/person
- Spouse/child– 210 Lt./person
It is painful to lose the native country. Nevertheless it is more painful to understand that you are a refugee, a lonely person, hardly joining a new environment. The adaptation sharpens the psychological condition of the foreigners granted asylum in Lithuania, who participated in the repressions, the military actions, had to starve or had fears. It causes the symptoms of the psychological crisis.
Symptoms of the crisis:
- psychosomatic derangement;
- concentration problems;
- feeling lonely;
- various depression;
- lack of self-confidence;
- compunction (feeling guilty);
- not motivated aggression
A lot of the refugees experienced military actions in their native country. The consequence of this painful experience is past traumatic psycho disorder.
The inhabitants of the Refugees Reception Center, who suffer from the psychological crisis or the past traumatic psycho disorder, are welcome in the room of the psychological consulting.
The Room Of The Psychological Assistance
Our purpose is to provide psychological assistance for the foreigners, living in the Refugees Reception Center, creating a positive attitude towards the further integration into the Lithuanian society.
- to evaluate the psychological condition, to identify the reasons of the psychological problems;
- to provide psychological consultation individually or in groups;
- to develop the skills of the self –knowledge;
- to create the positive thinking and the motivation for the changes;
- to develop the skills of the relaxation, to seek after the emotional stability;
- to teach the psychological methods of the self regulation, to orient for the active integration;
- to improve the skills of the communication and the adaptation;
- to observe the changes of the psychological condition, to clarify new specific needs, to choose the psycho corrective means individually;
- to evaluate the efficiency of the used means, the changes of the emotional changes;
- to give advice for the further psychological assistance.
Wishing to help for the foreigners suffering from the psychological problems, we provide:
- Individual / group psychotherapy;
- Psychological diagnostics;
- The course of the Gestalt therapy;
- Development of the skills of the medical social self-education;
- Trainings of the autogenesis;
- Trainings of the skills of the relaxation and the self regulation;
- Sessions of the art-therapy (music, art therapy)
The psychological assistance is confidential!