Resources – European Refugee Fund
Applicant of the project - Refugees Reception Center
Partners of the project:
- NGO EUPRO,
- Labor Exchange of Jonava
The objectives and the tasks of the project:
The main objective of the project – to create the system of the vocational guiding and consulting for the foreigners granted asylum, involving the institutions, responsible for the implementation of the social integration program, and the participants of the vocational guiding system.
Tasks: to consult the foreigners granted asylum; to make the plans on their integration into the labor market; to provide regularly the consultations on the labor market points.
The project consists of three main parts:
- The establishment of the vocational guiding room in the Refugees Reception Centre and the vocational guiding offices in 4 towns mostly inhabited by the foreigners granted asylum
- The training courses for the employees of the Refugee Reception Centre and the councilors of the social integration
- The vocational guiding and consulting of the foreigners granted asylum in the Refugees Reception Centre and in the towns.
The main activity – the help the foreigners granted asylum to integrate into the labor market.
- The services of the vocational guiding and training;
- The foreigners are helped in the searching for a job;
- The creation of the vocational guiding, the training and the job-search; it was foreseen, that 100 members of the target group would participate.
1.Achieved in the Refugees Reception Center: the collaboration with the Labor Exchange of Jonava helped for 17 inhabitants of the Center to get vocational training.
2. Achieved in the municipalities:
2.1 In the field of the vocational guidance of the foreigners granted asylum:
in Kaunas -186 consultations;
in Ukmergė - 67, one of the foreigners granted asylum started own business;
in Telšiai - 93 consultations;
in Alytus -71 consultations, established 2 work places Closed Joint Stock Company ,,Rixa“, bakers;
in Klaipėda - 42 consultations, established a work place in Closed Joint Stock Company ,Rixa“;
in Marijampolė - 14 consultations, established a work place in the personal enterprise by B. Garunkštienė;
in Jonava - 7 consultations.
2.2 The foreigners granted asylum had possibility to get vocational training:
Kaunas - 4;
The municipality of Kaunas - 2;
The Social Support Center of Klaipėda - 4.
In total: 13 foreigners
3. Achieved with the employees: 5 seminars for the councilors of the social integration organized in the Refugees Reception Center, participated also the specialists of the vocational guidance. 20 employees working with the foreigners granted asylum from the different towns of Lithuania.
4. 7 computer work places established in 6 towns: Kaunas, Alytus, Ukmergė, Telšiai, Klaipėda and Rukla (Refugees Reception Center).
5. Established 8 rooms of the vocational guidance:
- 1 room for the vocational guidance in the Refugees Reception Center;
- 3 work places for the vocational guidance in Kaunas;
- 1 in Alytus,
- 1 in Ukmergė,
- 1 in Telšiai,
- 1 in Klaipėda.
7. The provided material by the Labor Exchange of Jonava was adopted for the needs of the foreigners granted asylum and translated into two languages (English, Russian).
8. According to the project it was foreseen the programming of the basis of the labor force of the foreigners granted asylum, but it was foreseen during the project to correct the activity of the project and to improve the existing Information System for the Administration of the Refugees (further PAIS). The possibilities of the reports were expanded in the system of PAIS, the data about the foreigner was broaden. An extra tab was created in the system allowing entrance of the information about the duration of the stay of the foreigners in the Center.